At Alliance Rehabilitation, we emphasise the importance of delivering an interdisciplinary approach to recovery.
Part of our interdisciplinary team is Social Work. Social Work is fundamental to the treatment and support provided to our participants, in all areas of recovery, i.e. Stroke rehabilitation, Acquired Brain Injuries, mental health, dementia, disability etc., by focusing on a holistic approach to care, in the context of physical, social and cultural environments. Social Workers thrive to improve overall human wellbeing, by identifying and addressing structural and systemic issues that may impact on an individual’s social and emotional health. Further, Social Workers are employed in various roles, such as counselling, policy, community engagement and development, advocacy, case management, research and education.
Here are some of the many interventions that are focused on and provided by Social Work at Alliance Rehabilitation:
- Counselling (Trauma, crisis, adjustment and grief and loss)
- Referrals to community support organisations, aged care and home care services
- Mental Health Risk Assessments
- Capacity building
- Social support and community engagement
- Clinical assessments
- Group work
- Support with unemployment, substance abuse, financial, relationship and housing matters
Social Work also contributes to Alliance Rehabilitation’s policies, procedures, research and group/program development and provides up to 6 weeks of goal orientated therapy, including NDIS referrals.