Allied Health services for Veterans
Occupational Therapists to help you rehabilitate your physical, psychological, social and vocational abilities that have been disrupted because of an accident, illness or congenital condition. They also prescribe assistive devices and equipment to allow you to stay in your home for longer.
Physiotherapists for treatment of physical, respiratory and neurological conditions affecting movement and mobility
Exercise physiology services include the delivery of clinical exercise interventions to manage chronic disease and the provision of post-acute exercise rehabilitation for people recovering from major injury or illness. Exercise physiology contributes to the management of:
- cardiovascular disease
- cancer; and
- muscular conditions of a chronic nature.
We also partner with a Prosthetist (Freedom Prosthetics) who has a regular clinic at our Townsville Rooms. Alliance Rehabilitation provides supportive training programs to assist you adjust to your new limb/s.
- cognitive-behavioural therapy
- relaxation strategies
- skills training
- interpersonal therapy
Our Accredited Practising Dietitians can help create nutrition plans to manage health conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. We provide evidence-based nutritional services which are realistic and suite your lifestyle.
We also have Credentialed Diabetes Educators (CDE) that can assist in monitoring, supporting and educate participants who have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
Good nutrition is essential for an individual’s health at all ages. Eating well plays a key role in reducing the risk of developing a range of chronic health conditions. With healthy lifestyle choices evidence shows type 2 diabetes can be prevented or delayed in up to 58% of cases.
Speech pathologists assess, diagnose and manage disorders of speech and language such as:
- Assessment and rehabilitation of disorders affecting communication and swallowing including language difficulties (aphasia), motor speech disorders (apraxia and dysarthria) and voice disorders (dysphonia).
- Assessment and provision of alternative and augmentative communication systems.
- Education of family and carers about communication and swallowing disorders.
- Contribution to discharge planning as part of the Alliance Rehabilitation team.
How to refer to us
Some of our Support team for Veterans
To see all our full interdisciplinary health team, click here
Contact Us Today
To make/change a booking, further information on our services and current group programs.