Alliance Rehabilitation & National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS aims to provide all Australians under the age of 65 years, who have a permanent and significant disability, with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to enjoy an ordinary life. The NDIS helps them achieve their goals.
This may include greater independence, community involvement, employment and improved well-being. As an insurance scheme the NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life.
Can I access NDIS?
To become an NDIS participant a person must:
- Have a permanent disability that significantly affects their ability to take part in everyday activities;
- Be aged less than 65 when they first enter the NDIS;
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent visa or a Protected Special Category visa;
and Live in Australia where the NDIS is available.
Once you have been accepted into NDIS, you have will have a plan established according to your needs and funding may be placed in three main areas including:
- Core Supports – which is a support that enables a participant to complete activities of daily living and enables them to work towards their goals and meet their objectives.
- Capital Supports – An investment, such as assistive technologies, equipment and home or vehicle modifications, or funding for capital costs (e.g. to pay for Specialist Disability Accommodation)
- Capacity Building Supports – A support that enables a participant to build their independence and skills.
We Can Help You
Alliance Rehabilitation is a registered NDIS service provider delivering Allied Health Services to NDIS participants under the following support items:
- Therapeutic supports
- Health and Wellbeing
- Exercise Physiology personal training/ groups
- Behaviour Support
- Community Participation
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
Both group and individual services are available.
Your Plan, Your Supports
Alliance Rehabilitation’s team includes a dedicated NDIS Coordinator who will be able to assist you in identifying goals and choosing from our services. Your plan will be your plan, individualised to you and flexible to your changing needs to ensure we are meeting your goals.
Our interdisciplinary team can help you build capacity and participate in your community. Our clinicians include:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Social Workers
- Psychologists and Neuropsychologist
- Accredited Practising Dietitians
Alliance Rehabilitation’s clinicians can provide you and your family, your GP, the LAC (Local Area Coordinators) and NDIS with information regarding your progress during your time with us and support ongoing recommendations to NDIS.
The Referral Process
Contact us directly or through your support coordinator or LAC contact for a referral to our service. Alliance Rehabilitation’s team includes a dedicated NDIS Coordinator who will be able to assist you in identifying goals and choosing from our services.
We love receiving feedback on our service and are especially keen to hear how we can better serve you and your community. If you would like to talk to us about our service or the provision of supports provided, be it a compliment, comment or suggestion please contact our quality team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Reception or send a letter to PO BOX 1247, Townsville QLD 4810.
Where do I find out more information?
For information on all referrals please email or call us using the contact details on this brochure. Our website also contains a wealth of information.
NDIS – www.ndis.gov.au
Alliance Rehabilitation provides a range of health services: