Alliance Rehabilitation provides intensive orthogeriatric rehabilitation with no out of pocket expense for participants through our publicly funded program – the Community Based Rehabilitation Scheme (CBRS).
This will benefit patients who have had:
- Total knee replacement
- Hip replacement
- Fractured neck of femur
- Other ortho-geriatric surgery or
- Those who require weight management before surgery.
Our multi-disciplinary team will design and implement a 6 to 12-week evidence-based intervention plan, which can involve:
- Physiotherapy for mobility and management of functional impairments.
- Occupational Therapy for assessment and management of Activities of Daily Living, home assessments, equipment prescription and falls prevention education.
- Social Work for social support and coordination of in-home care (where needed).
Our team also includes speech pathologists, psychology and exercise physiology.