The Future of Rehabilitation Workshop
Whats New in Upper Limb Rehabilitation
Come and learn how the latest technology in robotic and computer assisted devices is changing the way we treat clients.
This course aims to give you strategies to mix conventional therapy with computer assisted and robotic therapy techniques and how these interventions have the potential to enhance neuroplasticity and motor recovery. This one day workshop includes hands-on experience with Tyromotion devices and participants.
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided.
Presenters & Trainers
- Guest Speaker Carolyn Smith – Tyromotion Specialist
- Melanie Clair – Occupational Therapist
- Kate Contos – Occupational Therapist
- Declan Wode – Physiotherapist
- Provide knowledge on the evidence for Robotic & Computer Assisted Therapy
- Introduction to Tyromotion robotic therapy
- Understand the current upper-limb treatment techniques & the integration with Tyromotion
- Learn about case study examples for goal-oriented intervention planning
- Practical Session with participant volunteers – to be able to provide assessment, goal setting & intervention
Download Event Poster
When: Tuesday the 17th July, 8:30am-4:30pm
Where: 139 Boundary St, South Townsville
Cost: $79.00 per person ($49.00 for Students)
RSVP: By 13th July by calling us on 07 4772 1219 or email to email@example.com
9:00am Robotic & Computer Assisted Therapy
10:00am Morning Tea
10:15am What is Tyromotion?
11:15am Review of Current Upper-limb Treatment Techniques & Integration with Tyromotion
12:45pm Goal-oriented Intervention Planning Using Tyromotion
2:00pm Afternoon tea
2:15pm Practical Session; Assessment, Goal Setting & Intervention with Participant Volunteers